Thursday, January 7, 2010

Television

I've started to really dislike television. The whole concept, not just the programming. There are definitely shows I enjoy watching, and that's the problem.

It's just too easy to get sucked into episode after episode of "My Name is Earl" or "The Office" instead of doing more productive things, such as spending quality time with Liz and Beatrice, writing, working out, being involved with my community, or being in touch with family and friends.

After working all day and commuting back and forth from Fairfax to the District, I want the few hours that I have at home to count for something. When I look back on my week, I don't want to have to realize that I burned precious hours being a passive consumer of mass media.

There's just so much more to life.

No comments: